Sunday, March 18, 2012

My first Spring Break working

What did I do during Spring Break 2012?

Spring break 2012 is my first Spring break that I work as a professional at a university. For the past 5 years, as an undergraduate and master student, I traveled every Spring break. Friends and I planned in advance our Spring break. We visited Chicago, Houston, South Padre, Omaha, Kansas City, among other cities across the United States.

As I mentioned earlier, Spring break 2012 was my first spring break to be working full-time at a university setup. I felt somewhat out of place; most of my cohort and friends traveled back to their homes or to a different city. This spring break I was not able to travel, but I was able to get a lot of work done in the office. Here are some of the projects that I worked on:

  • Painted the walls office.
  • Cleaned and re-arranged the office.
  • Met with a few students to talk about Fall and Summer 2012 class registration.
  • Met with prospective students and their families.
  • Finalized the planning for the second multicultural portfolio workshop.
  • Working on my ACPA presentation.
  • I was able to complete other projects that I had not had an opportunity to complete.
  • And, I had the time to reflect.

During this Spring break I did not travel. However, I stayed to work on various projects in the office, and reflected how everyday I continue to grow as a scholar, and professional. It has only been four month that I been at my current position. I am professionally content. I cannot complain, I have not graduated yet, and I already have a job. J Graduation is in 48 days, Friday, May 4, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment