Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Differentiated Instruction

During my student teaching experience not only I have learn a lot about diversity, different cultures, different levels of learning but I also have learned to do different activities to get my students’ attention in order for them to learn Spanish at their learning level. I try to make my differentiated instructiondifferent every day in my classroom; I try to do my best to get my students engaged in my Spanish II classes by having them ask questions, draw pictures, write in their journals, do oral presentations, group activities, and using technology in the classroom. Using different methods to teach Spanish helps me to reach to all my students, and it makes it fun for them to learn Spanish. Sometimes I found it challenging when the students are working in grouping, because many times they will just get off the subject and talk about non-related Spanish topics. The best way to control this situation is by moving students to a different group. During my lesson plan I make sure my students have the four most important components to learn a new language: Hear, Speak, Write, and Read in Spanish.

1 comment:

  1. Both the “what and how” of differentiated instruction instruction are crucial to successful implementation of DI in the classroom; however, the “how” must be teacher-directed and make pedagogical sense. Check out Differentiated Instruction-the What and How
    to read this important dialogue between DI authors Mark Pennington and Rick Wormeli.

    ReplyDelete