Sunday, January 10, 2010

Without discipline there is no EDUCATION.

I survived my first week of student teaching. During my first week I learned so much from my students but especially from Mrs. Miller, my cooperative teacher. I am lucky to be in Mrs. Miller’s room, her classroom management skills are the best, and, students and other educators respect her. She is a real role model to all her students and a real role model for me to look up to. If I decide to continue teaching in the future I want to have the respect that she has gained, I want to have a strong relationship with my students as she had done, and I want to have follow her management skills.

Mrs. Miller has been teaching for ten years, she was the Chair for the Modern Language Department at EHS. She is well known and respected in the school among coworkers and students. The students do not mess around in the classroom because they know if they do not respect the rules they will be in trouble with Mrs. Miller and that includes if you mess with me Mr. Salinas you mess with Mrs. Miller too. Being in trouble means that they will be in the ‘silent treatment,’ a week of silent consist of no one is allowed to speak in the classroom, no special privileges in the classroom, and Mrs. Miller won’t talk to them unless she is assigning more work and/or she is giving them behavior advice.

Students stop by the classroom all the time to talk to Mrs. Miller or just to say hello. She give the best advice to the students, they always are looking and asking for her opinion. She has a strong relationship with her students with in and out side the classroom. She listens to them then she tells them the truth.

“Without discipline there is no EDUCATION.” When a student gets a detention in Mrs. Miller classroom he/she does not have to show up before or after school to complete it, instead they will have to write 150 times “Without discipline there is no EDUCATION” for each detention they get.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget if you mess with Mr. Salinas I am sure you mess with Ms. Miller too! I wouldn't want to receive any of her detentions! I am glad you are learning a great deal Mr. Salinas. I can't wait for you to teach my children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will shape the future of America and your kids!

    ReplyDelete