Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Desire to Learn

As a teacher now I understand the stupidity of humans, this saying was told to me during my college career. I also comprehend the desire of humans to learn. However, not everyone has the same ability to learn at the same level, some do not learn because of the behavior of others, and the rest don’t lean because they do not respect themselves or because they do not have an understanding of what education means.

During my first two weeks I have learned about myself as a teacher as I have learned about the students. As a teacher I have to be the moral support, I need to be the structural foundation for students to help them get motivated to learn and to be successful with in- and outside the classroom.

Today Tuesday, January 19, 2010, was the beginning of a new semester and my third with at EHS. My cooperative teacher has been in training since last week. I been responsible to make sure the students get their work completed. Last week it was easy because it was during finals weeks. We only had two finals per day, 2:15 minutes for each test. The students were dismissed at 12:00 pm after their finals were done.
Most of the students’ behavior was excellent the other students didn’t behave on a positive manner. When students do not behave I have to remind them to start learning how to behave. They are high school students most of them should know what is expected by society, others have never experience being around a well socially behave group, in school is their only opportunity to experience and learn.

I remember when I was a in high school. I had days with a desire to learn and to be in class, but other days I wanted to be disrespectful and act immature. Not only I was annoying but I didn’t allow my classmates to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment