Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Working at the Hill...

What has been the most challenging moment during your first three weeks of the internship?
One of the most challenging moments during my first three weeks of my internship has been getting adapted to the political life, and how to use the public transportation-the metro (there is no public transportation in Nebraska). In Senator Michael Bennet's (CO) office we have a variety of fun, interesting, and challenging projects.

What has been the coolest moment during the first three weeks of your internship?
During my first three weeks of my internship in D.C. I have had the most amazing experience to live with 23 other brilliant and intelligent Latino students from all over the U.S. Definitely they are the "best of the best" students. Another extraordinary experience has been the opportunity to work in the Senate, being able to explore every building on the Hill, ride the underground Capitol subway system, and ride the elevators with the Senators.
What experience has most inspired you thus far and why?
CHCI has given me one of the most tremendous opportunities I had ever had in life: to live in Washington, D.C., meet some of the most politically powerful people, and work in the Senate. Living in D.C. is a lot of fun; I never know who will I run into. Thursday, June 25, 2009, as I was walking out of the Capitol Hill I ran into John McCain. During orientation week I had to opportunity to hear the inspirational Cecilia Munoz, Director of Intergovernmental Affairs to President Obama.

If you had to make up a slogan, ten words or less, that represents your internship experience thus far, what would it be?
CHCI is a buffet of new experiences, challenges, and opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment