Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My first week in Washington, D.C.

I'm originally from Nebraska and now I live near President Obama (The White House). I love Washington, D.C. and would never insult it.
My first week in D.C. has been truly a wonderful experience. It bustles with vibrancy unequaled in any city I've ever been to, and its architecture is beautiful and bold.
The people are friendly, the food is wonderful, and there is never a lack of things to do. Overall D.C. is a great city.Well, I guess my 23 new friends from 16 different states across the U.S. and Puerto Rico make my D.C. experience significant. Last week while in Washington, D.C. I was fortunate for two reasons: 1) Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gave me the opportunity to experience my journey in D.C. 2) I made 23 new friends.
My roommates are great. Jael is a student at Columbia, Noel attends Georgetown University, and Anthony goes to Idaho State University. I'm excited to see how my summer goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment