Monday, February 17, 2014

Associate Editor, Outreach - Journal of Critical Thought and Praxis

Associate Editor, Outreach: Cristobal Salinas Jr, Ph.D. student in Higher Education




My journey in social justice started through the understanding of my experiences of oppression, marginalization because of my social identities (i.e. race/ ethnicity, linguistics, immigration, and sexual orientation). Now being on the privilege side ("educated male"), earning a Ph.D. degree, I have developed a framework for my work and scholarship in social justice. My studies explore the cultural, social and political context of education opportunities for historically marginalized communities, and to engage in work that attempts to improve the climate for those populations in society. 
Retrieved from : http://lib.dr.iastate.edu/jctp/editorialboard.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment